Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Kind People on the Phone

Today was a relatively slow day at American Precious Metals. Did my book keeping updates, everyone else was working on sales through eBay, our website, in store products, etc. So here was a little spice for the day.

The phone started to ring. I go to the phone and answer
"American Precious Metals" I said in my professional and calm voice.

"Hi, do you guys buy diamonds?" said a gentleman.

I responded with a positive "why, yes we do!"

"I was wondering if I could speak with the owner."

Now I'm skeptical of the fellow's intentions. Generally when someone asks for the owner, and not anyone specific, or the owners name in a familiar way, they are trying to sell us insurance, credit card processing, phone bills, or whatever stuff that we neither want nor need.

I replied "He's rather busy. Anything I can help you with?"

"Well since you guys buy diamonds I was wondering if you guys wanted to buy my domain"

So like I suspected, the guy was selling us something. I responded in a gentle manner "I'm sorry, we're not interested."

He started saying "you don't want to make more money?" in a semi-aggressive tone and then hung up.

I almost took him up on that offer when he said more money was involved! ;) He shouldn't have been so hasty about hanging up. I hope he is prepared to be turned down for that offer in the future. Someone will most likely take his offer, but our store is very content with the domains we currently have.

There's your story for the day. A little insight into the daily endeavors of American Precious Metals.

-PA

Come in and visit us or check out our online stores at www.apmetals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment